[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Truth and Beauty Bombs • View topic - Truth and Beauty Bombs: The First Decade

Truth and Beauty Bombs

it's different, i think it's different
TaBB Archives!
It is currently Sun May 31, 2020 6:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Truth and Beauty Bombs: The First Decade
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:47 pm 

No, you're right.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:38 pm 

Just checked my sign up date for The Famous Mr. Klaw, and it was 10 years ago as of 2 days ago.

TaBB was a really important thing to me for a long time, and for sure it changed who I am as a person. Being honest, there are a bunch of opinions I hold about things to this day that I ripped off directly from Boorishly. Maybe some from Cabby too. TaBB is why I did (and sometimes still do) comics. I still have my TaBB zine that we made. I still talk in a lot of ways that I learned from being on this board imo.

Like others have said, my life is really different now than it was 10 years ago, and I think it was probably good for me to quit when I did, but this place is something special.

Also just "F" everyone's "I", I keep seeing this animate over on the left burnsauce and I want to remind everyone that I totally made that gif. THAT GIF IS MY TABB LEGACY IMO

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:54 pm 

Your greatest achievement to date

burnsauce

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:54 pm 

But seriously nice to see you, thanks for checking in

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:04 pm 

I first joined in July of 2006, so it's been almost 9 years. I don't know if I ever revealed it because at the time it was embarrassing, but I came here through reading A Softer World (I actually just had to Google that, didn't remember the name).

I was halfway through college and really enjoyed spending my down time in #tabb or on the forums. It was a safe place, in a very particular way. Much like Miles, it influenced certain opinions or outlooks that I still carry with me today.

I'm friends with a number of TaBBers on Facebook, and get to see updates every once in awhile, but we don't really interact besides a 'like' here or there. I come to the forums once or twice year when I remember, but regardless of that, I always feel close to this group of people.

Y'all are cool

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:05 pm 

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:06 pm 

smeder no interlude

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:39 am 

man this place is like a deep deep well of nostalgia huh

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:30 pm 

For me, TaBB has always been a useful place to tell strangers about things that aren't true.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:10 pm 

2X2L I saw some of your posts while looking for cat pictures the other day. You were being creepy and it made me smile.

I joined TaBB in 2008, which was 7 years ago, jesus. I think TaBB has made my life better on the whole. A lot of people left right after I came. I spent a lot of time in IRC and on wooopedia before I joined, because Ryan wouldn't approve my account for some reason.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:04 am 

Because your username was gibberish?

He could only step forward, and hold out his hand and say, “I’m not likely to forget you, Daneel.” “That is pleasant,” said Daneel, nodding gravely. “As you are well aware, it is quite impossible for me, while in working order, to forget you.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:23 am 

haha, you're right! I never even thought of that.

Now it's just shorthand gibberish. Maybe someday I'll get a username with some actual words in it, or change it to "chen2" or something.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:27 am 

ALSO I THOUGHT (at the time) that the "Z" captcha was infallible.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:28 am 

so I was thinking of that time where
Ryan North filtered "gtfimp" to "I am forced to agree wholeheartedly"
and everyone had to point out his mistake
and he corrected it to "perhaps you would rather stay for a spell in my pouch"

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:30 am 

Did that actually happen

He could only step forward, and hold out his hand and say, “I’m not likely to forget you, Daneel.” “That is pleasant,” said Daneel, nodding gravely. “As you are well aware, it is quite impossible for me, while in working order, to forget you.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:44 am 

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:59 am 

I keep forgetting to say that some of the voTaBBulary has crept into my real life. I still call ridiculous things crazypants and occasionally describe things/people as flimsy. My friends have adopted "flappy," albeit with a slightly different definition because I didn't describe it accurately when I explained it to them. It sort of means just generally angry/upset in an unorganized way.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:38 pm 

I joined TaBB in Dec 2008. My first post was me saying I wouldn't be posting on TaBB. I remember laughing so hard while reading the forum, in that painful way. In my second ever post I lied about owning a waffle iron - I must have been so desperate to impress the old guard.

TaBB also changed me. I think people like Travis, MWA, Jordan, and that guy whose name I forget who was always so nice/argumentative introduced me to a certain type of communicating that I still do sometimes, offline.

LCRM is probably the best person I've ever met (except I haven't met him) and I still want to work in his gyro cart.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:39 pm 

TaBB also taught me you can make a pun backwards. Thanks Tommy.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:43 pm 

Coming back here makes me a bit sad but Drew still makes me laugh all the time.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:49 pm 

Oh god I had some really offensively bad posts on TaBB 1. I think I'm realising why the internet is so full of horrible people.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:23 pm 

I cannot believe I joined TaBB in 2005. That was before I graduated from high school.

My earliest memories of TaBB are from my first year of college. I know I was probably pretty unbea—er, insufferable then, and I shudder to think what I was like before that.

I am looking at them now and they are pretty amateurish but not 100% awful like I feared. I set the bar too high!

Anyway I guess my TaBB decade was back in June.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:04 pm 

I look back and see younger me make
Such better jokes than I make now
And
I tell myself it is just because the opportunity for those jokes is no longer there
And I try to believe it

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:52 pm 

my first thread was totes me camwhoring im p sure

i feel like im slightly better now, thanks tabb

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:11 pm 

I didn't think I had posted in this already, but hey, look at that.

Adam, I'm interviewing job candidates now, so if you felt like chucking the whole pharmacist thing to work a job that will certainly lead to a sleeping disorder, let's schedule a time to sit down and discuss it. Also, you'll need to fly to the other side of the world, hope that isn't too much of a hassle.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:21 pm 
Site Admin

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:22 pm 
Site Admin

Man, even the smilies we set up are super nostalgic. I remember :omgwhat: - that was added because Allene thought it was hilarious and loved him. The blush on :blush: was done by Andy, as was :trex: in the first place! And crying eagle over - Finland, is it? - was added because Timefishblue (I think??) was from there and demanded representation.

WE WERE ALL SUCH BABIES THEN :zoid:

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:43 am 

I think that's the eagle over Argentina, and it was Adam aka Eidam.
Timefishblue is Tommy and he lives in the same city as you now, so watch your back.
:rainbow: :cry: :rac:

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:45 am 

he has placemats now so
I doubt you are in any danger

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:57 am 

If you would get an old danger like cancer, it just winds up on the placemat instead.
It's pretty cool really.

Post details Warn user