[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Truth and Beauty Bombs • View topic - I will give you signatures for May

Truth and Beauty Bombs

it's different, i think it's different
TaBB Archives!
It is currently Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I will give you signatures for May
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:15 pm 

Post in this thread that you would like a signature from me and I will give you one come May.

Most of these are going to come from flotsam and jetsam I found online, but maybe I will write some originals? Who knows.

Post details Warn user

Post subject: Re: I will give you signatures for May
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:52 pm 

Sure

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:18 am 

/IN

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:05 am 

yes please

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:06 am 

/in

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:20 am 

/in

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:03 am 

Do it, I dare you

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:39 am 

aw, man, I'm gonna miss that one

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:25 am 

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:39 pm 

up 4 it

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:33 pm 

yeah whatever

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:24 pm 

Okay I will put these up about a week early because why not

Andrew:
“That,” someone said (me), “is the biggest darn soda fountain straw I ever seen!”

Dezro:
I would play any game with a button mapped to "excommunicate"

ICAW:
Let's just say I became an outcast in everyone's eyes, and a Sephiroth in everyone's hearts.

sunnysundaesmile:
i wonder if in centuries philosophy students will use the word artfag as a cultural category or if it will be an archaism and will need footnotes that explain it.

TheBrood:
Volcanoes on our side are funeral homes on theirs.

SMAX:
It's important and no coincidence there's little known of the young years of Bruce Wayne and Jesus Christ. (Both of them were in ska bands, and are embarassed to talk about it now.)

Duck:
He's a fictional supervillain, unlike, say, Kim Jong Il, who is a actual supervillain.

Daniel:
By playing through, say, an RPG, you are treated to a grand story that is just overwhelmingly more fufilling than going out, fucking some chick, hi-fiving yourself and calling it a night.

andyclark:
and also I am like a king midas of gay

(Like I said before, none of these are original to me. They're all mostly just posts from the internet, although Andrew's comes from some Ray Bradbury story.)

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:34 am 

/in

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:29 am 

Cheston:
Must I eat cornflakes for breakfast, spend 30 minutes a day on a treadmill, and read superhero comics because that's what my culture permits?

edit: oh, and don't be shy to ask for one; I filled up a ten page document worth of signature material before I realized I would never use them all.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:29 pm 

Oh man! Perfect!

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:45 pm 

Amazingly, if I search for that quote, the first three results lead to its origin, but the fifth leads to Dinosaur Comics.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:45 pm 

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:03 am 

EXCELLENT.

AND NOW IN RETURN I WILL GIVE YOU THIS, TO USE AS YOU SEE FIT:

"Our Marines do not jump. We never found Saddam's RED KEY."

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:08 pm 

lay one on me! please

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:46 pm 

Thanks! I like it. It is rad.

Out of curiosity: how'd you decide who gets what? Seems like when someone draws avatars, the idea is to kinda come up with a vague idea of someone and doodle something maybe related maybe not
but seeing as this is a collection of stuff you find, do you pick things you already had that seemed appropriate, or do you google for key words, or try and think of things you might have heard once and dig them up or do y

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:26 pm 

Well sure I'm /in

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:15 pm 

Dezro: Thanks! I'm not sure, though, whether to use that as my own signature for May (like an exchange thing) or to just add it to the pot. I'm rather fond of my current one. I'll make a decision come May, I guess.

Daniel: Like I said, I've filled up pages of a word document with potential sigs. I spent most of Saturday trawling old message board posts before realizing I had way too many to use in a single month. I try to pick a sig that fits well, but sometimes I just have to go with my gut.

Speaking of, before I forget:

güense:
The purpose of all exercise is to one day become so muscular that you transform into a magical werewolf.

crazydiamond:
"God or family or dogs or friends aren't the ultimate. They don't equal life. Music does. Music is in everyone's soul and it keeps you going. Muisc=life!"

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:53 pm 

sure, if you don't mind!

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:05 pm 

Healy, the one you gave crazydiamond has been on TaBB before.
It was Selden's Facebook friend.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:51 am 

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:26 pm 

Oh okay. I didn't realize it was on purpose.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:43 pm 

I wouldn't have known anyway. \o/

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:44 am 

HEALY HERE IS ANOTHER ONE:

I see no reason to make a distinction, because I’m not some sort of taxonomy psycho.

(tho feel free to not use it, since this is really just me fighting the urge to change my own sig, since outside of these sig theme months I change it all the time)

Post details Warn user