[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Truth and Beauty Bombs • View topic - Expanded Smilies

Truth and Beauty Bombs

it's different, i think it's different
TaBB Archives!
It is currently Tue May 26, 2020 6:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Smile, You Bastards
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:15 am 

okay finally got off my lazy ass and fixed it
did a little of this:

and a little of this:

and now it works in lion

anyway
time to google up some ham-chat gifs

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:19 pm 

please add a smaller version of

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:38 pm 

Post details Warn user

Post subject: Expanded Smilies
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:05 pm 

What was the browser plugin or phpBB thing that enabled a bunch of extra smilies? I remember it had some Seinfeld faces and possibly the pixel art lobsters were part of that thing too.

Does it still exist/does it work on this forum?

Post details Warn user

Post subject: Re: Expanded Smilies
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:22 pm 

Image Image

because google changed some things w/ chrome, you can't just click to install it anymore
iirc you have to click to download it, go into settings, find the extensions list, and drag it in there
(you don't have to find it in your downloads folder, you can drag it right from the download bar at the bottom of chrome)

installing with safari should still be trivially easy, and the firefox one probably still works if you have a userscript engine thing installed (greasemonkey or whatever firefox users are supposed to use now that greasemonkey isn't cool anymore)

you can't install the icab one anymore because of app store restrictions :(

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:28 pm 

A HAHA NEVER MIND.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Last edited by crazydiamond on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:28 pm 

I actually did have to find it in Downloads and drag it from there. The "drag to install" thing showed up when I dragged it from the download bar but it didn't accept it for whatever reason?

But now I also know how to get around Chrome's stupid security stuff so doublethanks Image

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:34 pm 

t ida yes Image

haha my friend and I always used to call this GChat crab a lobster too Image

good times

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:41 pm 

I don't have the lobster in shades! :(

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:46 pm 

it's the ninth lobster under animals
if you don't see it, hit the gear, then hit 'reload smilies' and maybe it'll appear? Image

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:53 pm 

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:00 pm 

lmao never mind there it is. It's on the next line. Duh.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:17 am 

yo dezro, gchat just added some new emoticons

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:19 pm 

turns out Chrome disables all extensions from outside their web store now
and I have no intention of getting in that since I don't really see a way to limit access to the extension to TaBBers only
and it looks like there's no workaround to install it, since it's old?
so
sorry, Chrome users

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:11 pm 

For real? So extensions I have installed will stop working? How would a person debug an extension?

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:28 pm 

Anything you've installed as a .crx file will be disabled by Chrome, and it won't let you re-enable it. Anything installed from the Chrome Web Store will still work. In developer mode, you can select a folder to load as an extension, but even if you unzip the crx file it won't work because of some version thing. Maybe you can just change the version number and it'll work but I doubt it's that simple.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:48 pm 

I got a new computer and I've installed greasemonkey and stylish and have tried to add both this and the user annotation script and neither are working. For smilies, it looks like I do have something going on but the emoticons aren't showing up. User annotation doesn't show up at all, even under the scripts.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:34 pm 

Just fyi the newest version of Chrome apparently disables this, even if you add it to your extensions manually like Dezro said to. I am supposed to "contact the extensions developer and ask them to add it to the Chrome Store." SO GET ON THAT, I GUESS.

Long story short: I do not get to have the expanded smiles in firefox OR chrome. SAD.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:49 pm 

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:26 pm 

oh sorry! I didn't read the rest of the post after your workaround.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:49 pm 

OKAY DONE all that happened with the Firefox one is that now Greasemonkey requires you to request permission to use some functions, so I started requesting them. And also the script works fine under Chrome in Tampermonkey even without that, though you might need to reload the page once if the smilies don't show up.

also I merged the threads

anyway for the latest links
Firefox users will have to update manually from the link since I was using one of those functions I need to request permission for to do my autoupdate thing

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:23 pm 

BEHOLD MY SMILIES
Image Image Image Image Image

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:04 am 

Image Image Image Image Image

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:17 am 

Image thank you dezro

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:31 am 

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:52 pm 

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:11 am 

I'm only getting the original smilies in firefox with that script :owlysad:

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:26 am 

Image I'm seeing no problems with Firefox 36.0, Greasemonkey 2.3, and Smiling Faces 2.3.0. If you're on those, maybe there's another userscript that's conflicting?

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:49 pm 

OH WOW. I was just going to bump this thread saying my smilies went away but I fiddled around and redownloaded the script and now they are back! So I'm just going to bump this for no reason, really, other than to say that somehow the script randomly disabled/uninstalled itself somehow. Or something. I dunno.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:26 am 

Yeah the same thing happened to me, it was gone but i just reinstalled it and it's back.

i used to have the "annotate" thing for under people's names but it doesn't work anymore either (it stopped working after the smilies did, though, not at the same time)

Post details Warn user

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next