[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Truth and Beauty Bombs • View topic - if september is cool to reserve, can i ask for october again

Truth and Beauty Bombs

it's different, i think it's different
TaBB Archives!
It is currently Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: if september is cool to reserve, can i ask for october again
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:42 pm 

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:06 pm 

let's go down on each other to thudding disco beats

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:42 pm 

HELL YEAH SLEEP PARALYSIS BLACK DOG
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

ALSO: HELL YEAH EVERYONE ELSE'S THING I MEAN DANG, SO GOOD

THANKS, AMANDA!

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:01 pm 

ScubaGoomba got: Fachen

This guy hails from Scotland and thereabouts and is sometimes known as 'Peg Leg Jack.' It's supposedly SO frightening to behold that it can cause an instant death by heart attack. It only has half a body - which, you'd think maybe "just the upper half" or something, but apparently it just means that it has only one leg and a hand which for some reason sticks out of its chest, and one eye, and a really large mouth. Despite its obvious disabilities from all of these birth defects, it is by all accounts very strong and can destroy an entire orchard with help from a chain in a single night!

As for its little tuft of hair up top, even it was unfathomably strong: "it were easier to take a mountain from the root than to bend that tuft."

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:39 pm 

OH MAN

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:03 pm 

crazydiamond got: the Chupacabra

Eveeerrrybody knows those goat-suckin' alien creatures! Except of course that no one knows one enough to really describe what it looks like or what it does. Originating in Puerto Rico, as so many fascinating things do, this monster was blamed for a tremendous amount of livestock murder. All the things were drained of blood, allegedly. I learned while drawing this that the murdered animals were never autopsied or anything for some reason. Some people think it could be mange-ridden dogs or coyotes desperately trying to eat and failing to do so correctly. Whatever it is, it's done well here on Earth and can be "seen" (as much as you can see a monster in the dark during a terrifying bloodbath) all over the North and South American continents - truly, it has been a success here in the New World.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:10 pm 

Tom Meade got: Psoglav

This cutie is from Serbia and is not your average, run-of-the-mill corpse-raiding demon creature. They typically live in caves and scamper around on their horse legs and sniff things with their dog heads and look around with their one menacing eye. To feed their human torso bodies, they crunch the bones of dead human beings with big metal teeth. That's right! They have metal teeth! Wikipedia doesn't go into detail about the "many legends" about these guys, but I imagine that they sleep in nests of gemstones and have real bad breath.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:49 pm 

foes like you got: Spearfinger

The Cherokee people knew some hard times even before the white man showed up. Spearfinger here, or U'tlun'ta, was so named because her right index finger was a long daggery spearish death point. Sometimes, btw, she was called Nûñ'yunu'ï, which referenced the fact that she had stone skin. You guessed right, I'm guessing - she did indeed cut her victims with her shivhand and then ate their livers, which isn't very nice. Her only weak spot was in the palm of her right hand, which is where her heart was for some reason. When faced with brave warriors, she would guard it by clenching her fist. Here in my drawing, she has no concerns because she knows that none of us would dare to try anything.

Even though she was heavy and made of stone and could throw boulders and stuff, she could be found dancing in the clouds, singing this song:

"Uwe la na tsiku. Su sa sai.
Liver, I eat it. Su sa sai.
Uwe la na tsiku. Su sa sai."

I included that because I wanted to be what is most likely the only post on TaBB with Cherokee language peppered in it.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:58 pm 

kier got: Red Cap

Red Caps are a horrid, murderous type of dwarf or goblin or something all over England and Scotland. They live in ruins and kill trespassers and travelers who venture too close. That's why their hats are red! It isn't a fashion choice. It is required. If ever the blood on the cap dries, the Red Cap itself will die. They wear heavy iron boots and wield heavy iron pikes. Even so, they are so fast that it is said to be impossible to outrun them.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:01 pm 

Aw yeah, look at all that gore.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:13 pm 

amanda you are amazing

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST HALLOWEEN EVER

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:23 pm 

hahah awesome. This is great! All of these are great. Thanks, octobites!

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:05 pm 

Thanks a million, Amanda. These are all great.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:46 pm 

me plz

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:03 pm 

chen gets: an Imp

Imps are a whole bunch of little creatures - probably the littlest monsters I will draw for you, TaBB - along the same line as fairies. They seem to be little minor demons, the minions of tougher things out there. They aren't really terrifying and evil so much as they are mischievous little pranksters, although honestly if I were to see one irl I would be plenty scared. They have various sorts of appearances and I happened to choose one that looks like a little flying devil as opposed to yet another ugly little pixie sprite looking monster. He's up to no good by our standards, but if he switches babies or something, it's just because he's bored and seeking attention.

Imps are not very popular in modern times because most people can't really even describe what they are supposed to be. This monster is endangered and facing extinction.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:03 pm 

grogberries got: Each-Uisge

Easily mistaken at first glance as a mere kelpie, the each-uisge is in fact much, much more vicious and terrible to encounter. On land in its native Scotland (guys, Scotland has awful monsters that make it seem even more uninviting than it already did), it appears to be a decent horse. It could event be ridden! But the moment even a trace of saltwater air touches its delicate nostrils, its skin becomes adhesive, trapping the rider, and it plunges into the sea where it drowns its victim and then rips the person to shreds and eats everything but the liver, which is left floating on the surface. Spearfinger probably should have imported an each-uisge for riding around in America.

Each-uisge is a shapeshifter as spirit-creatures often tend to be, and I was shaken to find that there are plenty of pictures of it as some sort of furry fetishist fantasy.

No, I don't really know how to pronounce its name and that's fine by me.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:10 pm 

Jessica Chastain(?) got: the Banshee

Anyone who's anyone has seen Darby O'Gill and the Little People and therefore knows exactly how spooky banshees are. Native to Ireland, banshees are the wispy spirit of a very upset fairy-lady who shrieks and wails and makes all kinds of noise and I guess people take it to mean that someone's dying or died or is in imminent danger of dying or something. Since people die all the time, I can only assume that Ireland is constantly full of the banshee cry.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:08 pm 

gbo's monster is the focus of , but the author calls them capaill uisce (ca'pail OOSH-ka). They're suitably terrifying, on par with the Thestrals from Harry Potter.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:50 pm 

FIRST GRAB THE GUN WITH YOUR BARE HANDS.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:40 am 

hats off to ya (like I'm imagining the avatar saying that)

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:48 am 

The Beneflops got: Tengu

Tengu are bird-man demons from the Far East. Buddhists consider them to be pains in the ass and harbingers of war. They have great big noses, generally. Big ol' beaks. This is because, originally, they were depicted as really large birds of prey and then over time became what you see before you today. Speaking of their image today, they are now considered to be kinder and gentler protective spirits, although they are not to be fucked with, of course. I mean, look at that guy.

Do not trifle with a tengu.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:59 am 

Melissa got: Krasue

If you go to Southeast Asia at night, you may encounter a krasue. Essentially, this monster is just a lady's floating head, with entrails descending and looking altogether frightful and completely grody. Modern day krasue are often vampiric in nature and have an unholy, unending hunger. Indeed, their innards-turned-outards are mostly digestive system, the lesser organs having withered into nothingness, or on their way to that state.

If you go to Newark, NJ, at night, you may encounter Melissa as a krasue, as this is a portrait of her. Hope she doesn't get embarrassed that I drew her dangling and incomplete viscera for all to see!

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:17 am 

daniel got: Pukwudgie

These monsters are about the size of your average everyday human midget, and are almost as ill-tempered. They dwell around the Cape Cod region of North America and it appears that they were -- well, it's almost complicated, so I'll relate it in my "gossip tone." Okay so the Wampanoag up in Massachusetts really were totally into their "creation giant" bro who apparently created most of Cape Cod. The Pukwudgies lived among the Wampanoag too and got crazy jealous over the attention the giant, Maushop, was getting. So they tried to win favor from the humans by helping with chores and stuff but they were really clumsy and kept breaking shit or whatever, so they were just like "fuck it" and started being forreal nuisances and breaking shit on purpose. The Wampanoag, much displeased, besought Maushop to intervene and he did and it resulted in the Pukwudgie getting violently thrown all over the place. Some died. Some were just messed up. All the survivors wanted REVENGE. So they came back to the Wampanoag and stole children, burned villages, murdered people in their sleep. Total. Mayhem. So once again Maushop was like "wtf these guys again? Hey, my sons, go take care of this." So guess what? These five sons went to do their dad's bidding and GOT KILLED. The pukwudgie killed the shit outta them. AND THEN. THEY EVENTUALLY KILLED MAUSHOP TOO.

So, after that, and still to this day, the Wampanoag recommend that if you see a pukwudgie in the forest just leave it alone. It's probably still salty from that past stuff.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:20 am 

I think that's everyone. I got everyone right? Everyone, you're welcome.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:01 pm 

holy shit thanks thanks thanks

and that is a pretty great myth imho

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:57 pm 

i've noticed my posts read a lot grumpier now

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:48 pm 

I downloaded all of these and now they are on my computer.

FIRST GRAB THE GUN WITH YOUR BARE HANDS.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:20 pm 

thank you
this owns
these all own
and you own

Follow the 'innernet,' not the internet.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:02 pm 

It was my pleasure. I enjoyed drawing AND learning.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:24 pm 

If you are not too exhausted by learning, may I have one?

Post details Warn user

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next