[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Truth and Beauty Bombs • View topic - Idea

Truth and Beauty Bombs

it's different, i think it's different
TaBB Archives!
It is currently Sun May 31, 2020 7:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Idea
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:45 am 

Who wants to publish an anthology of TaBBer's short stories and poems through Lulu? Then we can all have our own copy of a book of insane crap we wrote and only those who actually want a copy will have to pay. The only difficulty would lie in agreeing on a cover and getting someone to volunteer to edit and format the thing, and they could be paid for the privilege if necessary based on the money saved by using Lulu, which is pay-per-copy.

I don't know why the idea appeals to me so much but it really does for some reason.

Post details Warn user

Post subject: Re: Idea
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:28 am 

would help
but im only good for drawin'

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:58 am 

Would buy a tabb book
But I don't write poems or stories, nor are they forms that represent tabb for me

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:38 am 

Well it's a workable idea and the content doesn't matter one iota (as long as it's presented in PDF format I don't think the presence of illustrations effects anything accept the price), so at least I managed to present a feasible variation on the TaBB Bomber idea.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:00 am 

I agree, I think it's very feasible and we should pursue it! I just want to encourage the content to be opened up to more forms

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:06 pm 

My apologies if I seemed snarky. It was not my intention.

I am glad that you agree that we should pursue this idea!

Now to play the waiting game.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:17 am 

It might actually be cool, although a bit different in nature, to compile some of the "best of" threads and the like into an "anthology" of sorts. Kind of like Wooo!pedia, but in one place.

There can maybe be a section dedicated to various board games, some of the bigger posters can get "chapters," and what-have-you.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:23 am 

if the biggest posters get whole chapters the book would spend a disproportionate amount of words on Ryan North

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:27 am 

Biggest as in the "TaBBiest" posters. Maybe not entire chapters... maybe grouped up? I dunno.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:36 am 

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:38 am 

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:42 am 

Oh, I... I totally missed that.

But he is very tall, it's true.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:11 am 

I would be down to publish some of tabb's popular threads in book form. and Octobite's horse comics.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:29 am 

*Posts curated by ryan north*

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:44 pm 

Sometimes I think it would be fun to turn a thread into a comic, as long as it wasn't one of the threads where everyone gets paragraph-wordy. Unless it could be creatively cut up. And it could.

And by "sometimes" I guess I should more accurately say that I just thought of it for the first time right now.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:24 pm 

You mean kinda like the IRC comics? I think some threads here would make good comics. You should try it.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:47 pm 

Yes I think! Although I don't think I ever read them. I might give it a try whenever there is something more important I should be doing that I feel like putting off.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:32 pm 

Hey, I just saw this. I want in.

Can we do it without making it too forum-y?

Like, it would be cool if it just happens to have only TaBB contributors for the first issue but it is accessible to all.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:57 pm 

i can do the layout maybe?

i offered to do it for machine of death but they got a real publisher and now theyre internet famous and print famous ;(

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:36 pm 

Can I submit one of my rambling non-fiction posts?

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:35 pm 

Woah never saw this thread before

has there been any movement on this?

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:23 pm 

I can contribute boring stories and or boring pictures.

That reminds me, the one in IRC where tommy pretends to be sgower. That should be in this.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:19 pm 

If Melissa is serious about doing the layout (thank you, Melissa!) then we should definitely move forward with this. The best way might be to set a deadline for who wants to be contributor and see if there are enough people interested.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:47 pm 

what's the Deadline Tom

New Years?

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:33 am 

OK. New years it is.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:56 am 

is this still going to be a thing

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:37 pm 

It should be.

Once everyone had their sections completed, it'd just be a matter of getting someone to format it and then it could be published.

I suggested it, but I was really hoping someone else would take it up and see it through to fruition, since I'm pretty useless these days.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:38 pm 

I'm in.

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:39 pm 

If I take over this project everyone must submit their material via horse.

Post details Warn user