Truth and Beauty Bombs

it's different, i think it's different
TaBB Archives!
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: BRUCE WAYNE'S CRIME FIGHTING MIX
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:39 pm 

So Tom's post in the ideas thread got me thinking about what else would be on Batman's hypothetical crime fighting mixtape. I didn't want clutter up the ideas thread, so I made a new one. Anyway, here's the list so far:

Laura Branigan - Self Control (Originally suggested by Tom, natch)
With catchy hook and a great nighttime setting, I can see why Tom singled this out as a Crime-Fight Mix fave!

Prince - Batdance (Originally suggested by Andrew)
How could Batman refuse Prince himself singing his praises? (No link to the original Bat-tastic video, sadly. Be glad it's on Youtube at all.)

Phil Collins - In the Air Tonight
Since I'm on an 80s kick, why not add this to the mix? I was debating between this and Genesis's Tonight Tonight, but the urban legend about Collins using this song to catch a murderer just gives it the extra edge it needs to come out on top.

Sailor Moon Theme Song
JUSTICE LEAGUE: ANIME CLUB IS CANON

Yuji Ohno (with Tommy Snyder) - Superhero
See above.

They Might Be Giants - The Statue Got Me High
Guess why I put this on here and win a gold star.

Genesis - Robbery, Assault and Battery
When you're out catching crooks, why not listen to a song about a crook who gets away? Gives you some added motivation.

Seal - Kiss from a Rose
Don't hold Batman Forever against it-- this peppy R&B track is perfect for the quieter moments of crime fighting.

Talking Heads - Life During Wartime
(This one time, I was talking about how I thought Batman would listen to a lot of Talking Heads, and someone disagreed because they thought his musical tastes would be so uncool re: hangs around with upper crust folks and Robins, mostly, and I got surprisingly angry. Looking back I think I was most offended by the implication that only the hippest of the hip would dig Talking Heads; why, I'm a huge dork and I listen to them all the time) ANYWAY this song is the perfect accompaniment to the war on crime! Ain't no disco when this gets your blood pumping!

Gnarls Barkley - Crazy
Let's face it, dressing up as a bat and punching criminals would make most people doubt your sanity, including yourself. So when you're getting high on the ol' fear toxins, just sit back and listen to this poppin' Gnarls Barkley track! It may not make your incoming panic attack any better, but at least it'll be thematically appropriate.

(More to come, maybe?)

Post details Warn user

Post subject: Re: BRUCE WAYNE'S CRIME FIGHTING MIX
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:21 pm 

can this be made into a playlist somehow do these tracks all exist somewhere

Post details Warn user

Post subject: Re: BRUCE WAYNE'S CRIME FIGHTING MIX
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:20 pm 

I uh, could probably do an 8tracks thing, maybe? I'd have to make an account there though.

Post details Warn user