Truth and Beauty Bombs

it's different, i think it's different
TaBB Archives!
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What colours are acceptable for a funeral director to wear?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:10 am 

On Monday I start a training program to work in a funeral home. I am aware that my clothes should be formal, but I know black is the traditional colour for funerals. It seems like a bit of a dumb question but should I only wear black? I don't mean I'd wear bright colours, but would darker blues and brownish colours be okay instead of black? I'm not sure if it would be disrespectful.

===========
what colours to wear|what colours should I wear

Post details Warn user

Post subject: Re: What colours are acceptable for a funeral director to wear?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:59 am 

I think any kind of darker color should be good; browns, blacks, blues, etc.

I don't really know if you'd want to go all black since that's really the color for mourners, but you shouldn't avoid it. Really, from my limited experience at a funeral, many guests don't even wear black; they'll maybe have a black jacket, sure, but generally just wear formal clothes.

This was the first Google Image search result for "funeral director," and, as you can see, they're not just wearing blacks. Lady on the right is wearing a navy jacket, the guy's got on a blue tie, and it looks like his jacket is really more of a dark grey than a black. This dude is wearing brown:

I think, really, you just need to dress respectfully and that should suffice. The grieving parties are there for a funeral, after all, so they probably won't pay too much attention as long as you don't stick out.

ALSO I JUST REALIZED YOU'RE A SPAMBOT AND MADE THIS WHOLE POST WELL YOU KNOW WHAT I'M STILL POSTING IT.

Post details Warn user

Post subject: Re: What colours are acceptable for a funeral director to wear?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:29 pm 

hahahaha

Post details Warn user