Truth and Beauty Bombs

it's different, i think it's different
TaBB Archives!
It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:04 am 

Dredging this up purely to complain because I am on Book 3 and just realised the scene with Varys and the Man in the Box only happens in the show. It annoys the hell out of me, because that is one of my favourite scenes that I can think of from any TV show, and I've been looking forward to it for 1,600 pages. So I liked that, and having Arya be cupbearer to Tywin instead of Roose Balton (such stupid, stupid names).

Most of the changes are less than great, though. Like scaling back on the insane wizard palace in Qarth, just so they can lock Xaro in a bank vault and make Daenerys look like a jerk.

Honestly GoT Daenerys sucks so much, and it so very annoying because she is one of the best characters in the book. I guess because book-Daenerys is a thirteen year old victim of child abuse, while they made her eighteen for the show, and so absolutely none of her actions in GoT make sense.

Post details Warn user